Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Fat Tuesday Living



Fat Tuesday.

Indulge in life.  Do, eat or say anything you want and only feel guilty for one day.

Tomorrow, we’ll have to get serious about God and give worldly “things” up.  It will be cleansing, right?

I wonder today, if I have engaged in a lifetime of Fat Tuesday living?  Has my faith really changed the way I think, see and speak everyday; or only on the days I want to feel godly?  Or, have I set up boxes in my life that allow me to seek out for myself whatever my selfish heart desires at times; then magically jump into another box that allows me to present a self-sacrificing, holy living person?  Have I bought the lie that a little faith sprinkled here and there in my life is really all that Jesus expected of those who bear His name?

The Fat Tuesday life.  It’s not working for me…

Time for repentance – and not just for 40 days.

Time for change – not until the resurrection celebration, but because of the resurrection.

Anyone else need to give up the Fat Tuesday life?

No comments:

Post a Comment